Claim Enquiry Defence Service
Innovation Plus are experts in R&D claim enquiry defence. While this is something we automatically provide when we prepare an R&D claim, we can also provide a robust defence of other claims as a separate service, ensuring that your claim value is maximised while complying fully with the tax law.
The actions that our team takes to successfully defend claims can include:
- Advising on and formulating the correct response to initial enquiry
- Making adjustments to the claim, if required, in order to shorten the length and scope of the enquiry
- If required, re-submitting the technical narrative and/or costings to demonstrate the claim compliance
- Liaising with your technical and/or financial teams to ensure the correct data is supplied
- Where relevant, advising your team members on questions that HMRC will ask them directly and advising on the appropriate response
- Where relevant, identifying and leveraging under-claiming as part of the enquiry defence
- Liaising with HMRC and formulating the correct responses on your behalf until the case is resolved
- Negotiating on your behalf to secure the most favourable outcome
Once your case is resolved we will also advise you on the most up-to-date legislation and processes required to maintain compliance and resilience of future claims. This is important as claims tend to be scrutinised much more closely after the first enquiry is raised.
If you require assistance with an R&D claim enquiry, send us a message below. We’ll be glad to give you an objective assessment of your case and some initial recommended steps without any obligation.
For more information on this topic, read our article on enquiry defence.